Radial Forging Machines
Steel and Special Alloys industry
Our radial forging machines have become firmly established in the forming of cast, continuous cast, ingots and remelts to bars as well as to stepped shafts or axles. They have been used successfully for any steel grade, super alloys, titanium and many other metals for many decades. The outstanding forming properties and dimensional accuracies, combined with high productivity, are unique among the forging systems.
For quick and cost-efficient forming
Our forging machines can be characterized as stroke- and power-limited forming machines. The forming energy is stored in flywheels. From a metallurgy point of view, our machines are quick-running presses, rather than “forging hammers”.
- High throughput / sustainable process
- Best metallurgy values
- Large dimensional rangeof one-heat process
- Efficient forming of parts with inner and/or outer shapes
- High accuracy
A selection from our machine range.
Products and markets
Where to find GFM machines.
- Excellent surface and straightness
- Even mechanical properties
- High output and high throughput
- Products with lengths exceeding 30 m
- High degree of automation